Production Technician (BENEFITS INCLUDED) APPLY NOW
BLK & Bold Specialty Beverages is a coffee micro-roastery and national wholesaler of specialty coffee and teas. Our mission is to make a fundamental shift in the choices of coffee consumers via providing a range of product options at mass retail/grocery (currently Target, Whole Foods, Kroger, Albertsons, Amazon, Boxed.com, Macy's, Walgreens, HEB, ShopRite, Canteen, US Foods, Tradecraft) that extends the consumer’s social impact footprint via positively impacting the communities of consumers across the US. As a result, we contribute 5% of our profits to initiatives across the US that support domestic youth in need.
We are proud to be the first and only Black-owned (MBE Certified) nationally-distributed coffee as well as a fully-certified B Corp, reinforcing our domestic-impact commitment to our consumers and stakeholders. Additional active certifications include Kof-K Kosher, Fair Trade USA/International, and a certified Safe Quality Foods (SQF) food processing facility.
DESCRIPTION: The Production Tech position will provide support to ensure products are properly and efficiently packed and prepared for distribution. This position will also load and move material and operate packaging equipment. The Production Tech will be required to follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), adhering to a high standard of product and personal safety and quality.
- Work in a team environment to complete production work orders on time and per Blk & Bold standards
- Ensure proper seal, packing and labeling, and box packaging of the product is accurate per the product specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to perform all the tasks that are required for the automatic filing machine task: Coffee loader, taper and labeler, and off loader.
- Monitor operation of conveyor systems and manage product weight defects.
- Use weigh scales, semi-automatic filler machines, manual tools, and packaging sealer supplies to accurately fill and seal product inventory.
- Support Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks on machines
- Support inventory accuracy through monthly inventory cycle counts
- Abide by sanitary rules and requirements for product fulfillment (frequent hand washing, use of gloves, face covers, and hair nets)
- Ensure stations are cleaned upon completion of shift and materials used are sanitary/clean prior to beginning use.
- Accurately complete production documentation through Google Doc logs
- Support shipping of wholesale and ecommerce orders
- Demonstrate punctuality and adheres to work schedule
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing/ production environment preferred
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Fork truck,(Electric) Pallet Jack, and scissor lift training/certification within 6 months
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 60 pounds frequently throughout a day
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, reach and bend for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear, see, and speak within a loud environment
- Ability to work in varying temperatures including environments with hot roasters
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Willing perform other duties as assigned
|||Des Moines, Iowa|||Production||||||6xQwZoMW6FfzT_y~|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||17|||||||||true|||