Client Support Manager (BENEFITS INCLUDED) APPLY NOW
BLK & Bold Specialty Beverages is a coffee micro-roastery and national wholesaler of specialty coffee and teas. Our mission is to make a fundamental shift in the choices of coffee consumers via providing a range of product options at mass retail/grocery (currently Target, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Amazon, Walgreens, Hy-Vee, Fareway, Compass Group, Canteen, Aramark, US Foods) that extends the consumer’s social impact footprint via positively impacting the communities of consumers across the US. As a result, we contribute 5% of our profits to initiatives across the US that support domestic youth in need.
We are proud to be the first and only Black-owned (MBE Certified) nationally-distributed coffee as well as a fully-certified B Corp, reinforcing our domestic-impact commitment to our consumers and stakeholders. Additional active certifications include Kof-K Kosher, Fair Trade USA/International, and a certified Safe Quality Foods (SQF) food processing facility.
Reports to: VP of Operations
Description: The Client Support Manager has direct customer service management with our top Foodservice clients in support of maximizing service level and profitability of our coffee programs by analyzing business performance and developing, proposing, and executing new programs in tandem with our Sales and Operations teams. This position assists in client onboarding, expediting service problems, preparing Executive Summaries, proformas and conducting financial analyses and making recommendations to improve profitability. The goal is to provide outstanding service to our customers that builds and sustains long-term relationships and results in high customer satisfaction and contract renewals and extensions.
BLK & Bold is looking for a full-time, Des Moines, IA based Client Support Manager to interact with and support our rapidly growing North American customer base. The position is a mid-level role. This person will be based out of our corporate headquarters and enjoy access to as much delicious coffee as they care to drink.
- Performs an ongoing analysis of the portfolio of business managed by analyzing vendor, client, and BLK & Bold financial performance
- Makes recommendations and presents information to the corporate client’s contact
- Assure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Inspect reports and summaries to look for possible gaps
- Assure accurate financial expectations for renewals/bids in working with Sales team
- Facilitate meetings with internal resources to address issues
- Build, maintain and sustain relationships with clients
- Have quarterly meetings and business reviews with top customers
- Accurately and efficiently process orders via inventory management system ( NetSuite)
- Communicate order status with customers; advise of any changes to order or timing expectations
- Maintain and update customer order portal (B2B site) for easy order management
- Coordinate timing of order with Operations team based on inventory and logistics considerations
- Escalate customer issues with a solutions-focused approach; navigating competing priorities to best serve the customer
- Works well individually as well as in a team
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of service business/account management experience required, or a high school diploma with two years post-secondary education with an equivalent of five years of service business experience with three years in account management
- Proven analytical and financial analysis skill set
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills coupled with a strong customer service orientation required
- Demonstrated ability to use both analytical and intuitive judgment and sound decision-making in interpreting, developing and applying new methods and policies that affect the business
- Proven ability to work independently and to grow and maintain long-term positive internal and external work relationships
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, analyze and present business reviews to Client contacts that explain our programs in detail and make recommendations for additional growth opportunities
- Timeliness and accuracy coupled with the demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize business requirements