Ready for a new BLK & Bold coffee recipe to try? Try this #BoldBaristaChallenge winning recipe from Josh Dowell!
- Chemex + Filter
- French Press
- Coffee Scale
- Burr Grinder (Blade Grinder Will Work Too)
- Kettle Capable of Reaching 200°f
- BLK & Bold Coffee Beans (Preferably Limu, Ethiopia)
- Fresh Blueberries
- Oat Milk Filter
- Water & Ice
- Begin by rinsing a coffee mug in cool water and placing the mug in the freezer.
- Gather all your ingredients and equipment in a general area and get ready to use. (Leave you mug in the freezer).
- Fill your kettle with 500g of filtered water and heat to 200-205°f.
- While the kettle heats grind 30g of coffee beans to a medium grind size. (What is shown in the video)
- Now go ahead and rinse your filter with room temperature water. (Be sure to dump excess water)
- Now fill your Chemex with 150g of Ice
- Once your filter has been rinsed, all your coffee is ground, your water is at 200-205°f, and you have ice in the Chemex... You are ready to brew!
- Add your 30g coffee to the Chemex
- Zero your scale. (At this point you have Ice in the base and grounds in the filter).
- Begin Pouring! Start a timer and slowly pour 60g and let coffee bloom for 45 seconds.
- At the 45 second mark slowly add another 140g of water and let sit until 1:30-1:45. ( You will have 200g of coffee at this point).
- At 1:30-1:45 add an additional 100g of water, bringing your total weight to 300g.
- Set aside until all the water has filtered through. ( Roughly 4 minutes).
- Begin by filling your French Press with a desired amount of Oat Milk (At least a 1/4 of the French Press).
- Then add a handful and a half of freshly squeezed blueberries.
- Insert the plunger 1/2 down and add a squeeze (about a table spoon) of Honey. ( The honey should rest on top of the plunger).
- Rapidly pump the plunger until the Oat Milk doubles in size.
- Pour Froth into a separate mug (you will not drink from this mug)
- Remove the mug you chilled in the freezer. (It should frost upon contact with the air).
- Fill the mug with ice until 3/4 full.
- Remove Chemex Filter and pour in desired amount of coffee. (Leave room for the froth).
- Gently set your coffee spoon on the surface of the coffee and slowly add froth to the top.
- Remove spoon and ENJOY!!