Production Roaster (BENEFITS INCLUDED) APPLY NOW
BLK & Bold Specialty Beverages is a coffee micro-roastery and national wholesaler of specialty coffee and teas. Our mission is to make a fundamental shift in the choices of coffee consumers via providing a range of product options at mass retail/grocery (currently Target, Whole Foods, Kroger, Albertsons, Amazon, Boxed.com, Macy's, Walgreens, HEB, ShopRite, Canteen, US Foods, Tradecraft) that extends the consumer’s social impact footprint via positively impacting the communities of consumers across the US. As a result, we contribute 5% of our profits to initiatives across the US that support domestic youth in need.
We are proud to be the first and only Black-owned (MBE Certified) nationally-distributed coffee as well as a fully-certified B Corp, reinforcing our domestic-impact commitment to our consumers and stakeholders. Additional active certifications include Kof-K Kosher, Fair Trade USA/International, and a certified Safe Quality Foods (SQF) food processing facility.
Are you passionate about coffee and looking for an opportunity to elevate your craft? Join us as a BLK & Bold Production Roaster and embark on a journey to perfect the art of coffee roasting. At BLK & Bold, we are committed to delivering the highest quality coffee experience to our customers. We take pride in our meticulously crafted coffees and aim to offer the best possible expression of every bean we roast.
As a Production Roaster, you will be responsible for roasting high-quality coffee beans to perfection. You will work with a roasting team to consistently ensure the best possible expression of every coffee that we offer. Success in this role requires teamwork, strong communication, and dedicated focus on our meticulous and deeply valued roasting craft.
- Roast batches of coffee to meet production demand
- Utilize industry tools to profile and evaluate coffees
- Perform weekly and quarterly maintenance and cleaning of roasting equipment
- Complete quality control and coffee cuppings to ensure the consistency of the product
- Sample roast potential new coffee varieties and roasts for feedback
- Submit accurate data entry using software including Cropster, Excel, Netsuite and Google Docs
- Support green bean receiving, loading, and staging systems
- Accurately manage green coffee inventory
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments, such as production and warehouse to ensure they can complete projects on time
- Document cleaning of roasting machinery and work area following GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Operate forklifts and electric pallet jacks to move equipment and supplies
- Other projects and duties as assigned such as production support and operating the commercial grinder
As a BLK & Bold Production Roaster, you'll operate in a traditional warehouse environment where you'll have access to state-of-the-art roasting equipment and tools. The conditions may include working indoors with exposure to the ambient sounds and aromas of coffee roasting, creating an immersive coffee experience. Must be able to work in an area with high temperatures of heat
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment; 2+ years of experience working in coffee related positions (barista, roaster, commercial kitchen, food processing manufacturer, etc.)
- Understanding of mechanical principles with the ability to read and assimilate information from technical manuals, system operations diagrams, etc
- Must be flexible to schedule changes in order to meet the demands of a growing and dynamic production schedule. Full time, 40+ hours/week, Monday- Friday. Some overtime will be requested.
- Must be able to work in an area with high temperatures of heat
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division) and the ability to make quick calculations related to production planning and inventory management
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks consistently and with the utmost attention to detail
- Analytical aptitude; logical and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Must have or be willing to obtain forklift, scissor lift, and electric pallet jack certification
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds frequently throughout a day
- Able to meet auditory, visual, and sensory requirements to evaluate coffee roasts
If you're ready to be part of a passionate team that values craftsmanship and strives for perfection in every roast, we invite you to apply for the BLK & Bold Production Roaster position. Join us in our mission to make every cup of coffee exceptional and make a positive impact on the world, one sip at a time.|||Des Moines, Iowa|||Production||||||LClZ.ExXI5IViV3M|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||YEAR|||single|||45000|||18|||19|||true|||